Monday, July 11, 2011

ARTIST MOHANNA DURRA



This is a recent cover I shot for Trendesign magazine as well as some candid photos I shot today. It features artist Mohanna Durra made up like a clown (he's well known for his clown paintings). Mohanna is like the Godfather of art in Jordan. He started the first art school here, and has inspired generations of artists. The portrait and frame are not Photoshopped. I had the frame hanging from the ceiling in front of Mohanna. I fought hard to get this on the cover as I felt he deserved it. I'll post the article soon. He's a fascinating character. An interesting side note is that Mohanna has done a series of new paintings based on my photos. I'm considering suing him, especially after I found out that one was purchased by the current Emir of Qatar.

2 comments:

  1. you should sue him!!!
    Sorry buddy, been on the road away from email.. email going away again tomorrow (tuesday).. call me.

    ReplyDelete