Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'M ENGAGED!



Last night at the Dead Sea I finally proposed to Julie. We have known each other for over seven years and have grown a lot together. My Mom and Dad are in town and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to pop the question. The first thing to note is that the top two pictures of the actual proposal are not staged. They were taken at the moment I was proposing, though instead of the traditional "Will you marry me" I nervously proclaimed "We should get married". Julie said yes when I corrected myself and actually asked a question. In the pictures you can see the little remote in my hand that I used to trigger my camera. I told Julie that the hotel we were staying at asked me to take a sunset picture of a dinner set-up in exchange for a free dinner. Julie actually helped me set-up the table! She had no idea what was happening. My mother very generously gave me my Great Grandmother's ring for the occasion. It was an incredible evening and I feel fortunate that my deceptions allowed me to take real-time pictures of this momentous occasion. The last picture is actually me rehearsing the proposal shot as Julie sat watching totally unaware on the bed. My Dad is looking away in the photos because he said he couldn't see anything over the flower arrangement. My bad!

6 comments:

  1. i'm crying... for real. wow. i love you both. :) congratulations!

    nothing like the embarrassment of saying no in front of your boyfriend's parents...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Brian. Sounds like a good deal - you finally getting married. I'll bet Mom was excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, brian and julie! when are you coming to spain? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It could not have been more perfect!! (well...maybe if your dad could have seen) I loved every minute of that night and will never forget it. And in case I get senile in my old age I will always have the pictures to remind me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations you two! Bonnie and I are very happy for you both. We should Skype soon to hear about the details.

    ReplyDelete