Monday, June 7, 2010

THE FINAL FRONTIER: SPORTS



This past weekend I shot an amateur boxing championship match. In attendance was the featherweight Arab boxing hero Prince Naseem of Yemen. Actually, he's from England, but his parents are Yemini. Prince Naseem was well known for his theatrical ring entrances, his unorthodox style of not guarding his face, and his failure to reach what most considered his full potential as a boxer. He was at the event as a celebrity, not a boxer. If he had boxed, it would be several classes above featherweight, like paperweight. The event was my first opportunity to shoot sports, which I made my way through using very high ISOs as I don't currently own a fast lens. Dark and fast=pain in the ass.

1 comment:

  1. At least you are the most famous Gringo photographer in Jordan...

    ReplyDelete