Friday, June 25, 2010

DON'T STOP.....................

I've just finished a three month marathon watching all 86 hours of "The Sopranos". In two hundred years when people study American culture and art, this masterpiece will certainly be on the syllabus (if they still have those). This show managed to talk about all the major issues of our time without ever being preachy. They tackled terrorism, homosexuality, man's search for meaning, mood altering medication, family dynamics, racism, disenfranchised youth, suicide, depression and anxiety, death, fidelity, and more. The show never attempts to answer these issues. It just shows them in an honest way, and allows the viewer to reach their own conclusions. All this depth against the intriguing backdrop of Mafia life. It has been a few days since I watched the final episode, and like any great book, it is still lingering in my brain wanting more reflection and ruminating. And I can't get that fucking Journey song out of my head!

2 comments:

  1. I know that sadness....

    Now watch Breaking Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I told you about Breaking Bad. Watch Everybody Loves Raymond!

    ReplyDelete