Wednesday, July 1, 2009

IF I HAD A TIME MACHINE AND A MILLION FRANCS...


This is Catherine Deneuve. She is a very famous French actress who, back in her day, graced the walls of countless Parisian flats. She is now a 65 year old Grandmother, but still works tirelessly, and is considered one of the Matriarchs of French cinema. She recently starred in movie set in Lebanon. Catherine was in Amman because that film is headlining a large film festival here.

In three weeks of shooting in Amman, I have met and become a part of the Jordanian press corp, about 6 individuals; all men armed with Canons. I find it kind of nice going into a shoot knowing nothing about the subject. In fact, the guards at the door of the hotel didn't let me in at first because I forgot Catherine's name. I had to call the magazine and ask for it again. Another case of the limits of the American perspective. Had it been Megan Fox, I probably would have remembered, and she can't even act.

No comments:

Post a Comment