Sunday, July 12, 2009

DANA NATURE RESERVE



These photos are from Dana National Reserve in southern Jordan. Rising up out of the desert is this mini Grand Canyon. It's quite beautiful. On the edge of the canyon is a little 8 room eco-lodge with basic accommodations, but with the most incredible decks I've ever seen. I was supposed to stay the night at this lodge, but had to run back to Amman to open up a show for a friend. It has been about 3 years since I've played the guitar in front of strangers, and because of a hectic work schedule I was unable to practice. It was nice feeling nervous; a feeling I don't often get. I played 6 songs, didn't forget any lyrics, and only sang in the wrong key twice. At Dana I hit the exposure every time. Looks like I picked the right field.

3 comments:

  1. you mean 1/ISO @ f16 in the sunny desert was more than just luck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what your comment means. Seems very technical. Most professionals I know shoot in full auto mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Brian. Every good pro knows the green box is there for a reason - auto all the time.

    ReplyDelete