Thursday, June 25, 2009

DROPPING A LENS HOOD ON JOHN MCCAIN


It's not everyday that an American is seen running around the Jordanian Senate. I found myself there yesterday, a little intimidated, and again, with no real photographic direction. One of the first shots I took was this bottom one. I used the second floor ledge as a make-shift tripod, and as I pressed the shutter my plastic lens hood fell off and dropped below onto a Senators desk. His aid was nice enough to run it back upstairs to me. After that, my handler was quick to redirect me anytime I got anywhere near the ledge. Amazingly, my oversized camera bag was never checked at any of the many security checkpoints inside. Had a check been done, they may have discovered the mis-screwed lens hood, and foiled my premeditated plot to embarrass myself.

1 comment:

  1. Dude this is fun...Are you having a great time or what?

    CMFB

    ReplyDelete