Saturday, June 13, 2009

BREAKING THE Q RULE: AQABA




I haven't worked in over 3 months, so it seemed about time for a vacation. My friend Bryce and I headed down to the only seaport in Jordan: Aqaba. Notice the lack of a "u" following the "q". This doesn't happen at all in the English language and could help you answer a question on Jeopardy one day. The Gulf of Aqaba is very nice to swim in, even if an underwater sewage pipe had dumped thousands of gallons of sewage into it the day before we arrived. 

Driving continues to be very exciting in a country where the horn is a way of life. I was warned not to drive at night as camels get stupid after the sun goes down. The camel featured here was tied up at the park at 6 am when I took this picture. He was out in town with his owner the night before. The tourists see this silly animal and are compelled to take a picture, then the owner asks for money. This camel was so well trained that when I started shooting him without the presence of his owner, the fucker wouldn't stand still and kept ruining my shots. He kept moaning, and if I understood camel, I'm sure he was saying, "one dinar asshole!" So just to spite him I cranked my shutter speed with the hope of getting the shot anyways. The camel then started making stupid faces to ruin the shot. Well trained indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment