Friday, May 22, 2009

A ROOM FIT FOR AN UNEMPLOYED MAN

This is my new room. It could really be anywhere.  My friend Bryce's apartment has every modern convenience; washing machine, air conditioning, flat screen TV, wireless internet, doorman, etc. The only thing that makes this room unique is that it is in Amman, Jordan. So far I've done nothing but drink and sleep. First night here, coming straight from the airport after about 24 hours or so of traveling, I walked right into the launch party of my college roommates company, Kulacom. I got drunk and watched Laser Man, having one of those moments that have become rather common in my life where I surreally reflect, "where the fuck am I?" I remind myself that I am on the rooftop of Kulacom in Jordan, surrounded by Koreans who helped build Kulacoms wi-max network, listening to my college roommate welcome everyone as the CEO of this company, and then watching a man manipulate lasers with his hands. It seems I took the blue pill some time ago and still haven't discovered just how far the rabbit hole goes. Now I'm off to buy a bath towel, as showering with Bryce's washcloth gets tedious. 

2 comments: