Wednesday, May 27, 2009

DOES THIS HAPPEN IN NORTH KOREA TOO?


Anyone who has traveled the world knows that no matter where you go on this planet, inevitably all the billboards and advertisements will feature white Americans. Here in Jordan it's no different. That got me thinking about countries like Somalia and North Korea. I think it's fair to say without being stereotypical that these particular countries do not like Americans. Perhaps in those countries their billboards actually feature local models? A young strapping Somali wearing a shiny new Rolex, or a hot North Korean clad only in black lace panties. If it wasn't a hazard to my health I'd travel to these places to find answers, as I'm sure my many loyal blog followers want to know. 

The bottom photo has nothing to do with my heading. It is just a view from the roof of Kulacom, Amman's best wi-max provider, despite the fact that their marketing department has chosen to use the phrase "super-size" in their package options. Even McDonalds has moved away from that one. Why not call it the "2M on crack" package. That's original and euphonious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment