Friday, April 10, 2009

THE POWER OF A PICTURE (OR 6)

A friend of mine and excellent photographer, Patrick Cavan Brown, suggested I try a new method of indoor photography as I began preparing to sell my floating home here in Portland. The method involves taking 6 or so vertical shots across the entire length of the room and merging them in Photoshop. It also involves hiding behind couches and popping fill flash into the shot. In the end you get a fantastic picture with coverage you can't get from any one lens. One error I made in the above shot was that I forgot to zoom my wide angle lens in from 17mm, thus creating the distortion in the ceiling (though people think that my house has costly curved lines). The result of my photo shoot has been an overwhelming response to my house that has only been on the market 4 days. People love the photos. It really does pay to have someone who knows what they're doing shoot your house to expedite its sale, or at the very least, someone who is a quick learner.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, how do you get a house that big to float? It's huge! Thanks for the plug. :)

    ReplyDelete