Saturday, April 18, 2009

THE SUN SETS ON SAUVIE ISLAND

After almost 5 years living on a floating home on Sauvie Island in Portland, Oregon, the sun is setting on this chapter of my life. It has been a very readable chapter. I have no regrets. I came to this place as an educator looking for a challenge and leave as an artist with a burning desire to make this world a better place. I came here at the urging of my soul; I leave in the same vein. My Portland experience was the first time in my life where I felt I belonged in a place, where I felt I was home. I will miss this home. I will miss the roots I grew here. Maya Angelou once wrote, "There is no agony like bearing an untold story within you". Recognizing that truth, I leave this special place to allow my life to continue writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment