Saturday, August 8, 2015

REFRIGERATOR DOOR CONCLUDES FORMAL EDUCATION

This refrigerator door was my final project for my Master's program at the University of Puget Sound. I wrote my thesis on neurodiversity in the classroom. Neurodiversity is a movement that attempts to reframe neurological differences in humans like attention deficit disorder and autism as normal variations in the human genome and not as pathologies to be cured. In order to honor the different ways people's brains are wired, I highlighted using assignments and projects that allow for creative thinking in the classroom. The refrigerator includes some examples of my students' creative work this year. On a related note, I was hired to teach high school English at School of the Arts here in Tacoma. School starts in two weeks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment