Tuesday, July 2, 2013

THE BEST SCOOTER FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS CAN BUY


This is my beloved scooter that I illegally drove everyday to work in China (I had no license and it was not registered). I bought it brand new for $500, and ended up putting 7105 kilometers (4415 miles) on it. In all those kilometers I never saw any police officers actively engaged in traffic enforcement. Because of that, people who drove scooters in China disregarded all traffic laws, and I excelled at breaking the law. I ran every traffic light, drove the wrong way on one way streets, and generally drove like an aggressive a-hole. When in China.    

For something made in China, my scooter was remarkably reliable. It started right up everyday even in the winter and after sitting for a month while we were in Bali. It cost $5 to fill up the tank with gas. Driving it around was one of my favorite things in China. I will miss driving like an a-hole.    

No comments:

Post a Comment