Wednesday, July 10, 2013

HOW THIS BUILDING CHANGED MY LIFE

I almost didn't make it here. The year was 1996, and I had spent the summer living in Ocean City, New Jersey with my Grandmother. I had been accepted to Montana State but had been dragging my feet about sending in all the paperwork. After two years of community college education, I was pretty sure that higher education was a complete waste of my time. It was about this time that my cousin Scott and his girlfriend came to visit. It was his girlfriend that completed and mailed all my paperwork to enroll me at Montana State. A few weeks later I arrived in Bozeman, MT and learned that the building above, Roskie Hall, was to be my new home. I met some of my best friends in Roskie that first semester. And knowing those friends is what took me out to Jordan to pursue a career in photography thirteen years later. I think everyone should pick colleges based on geography.  

No comments:

Post a Comment