Wednesday, July 25, 2012

LORD OF THE RINGS HOBBIT HOMES



I am getting near the end of my summer employment with the world's crappiest teen travel company, Rustic Pathways. This week was a complete disater. My group was supposed to do a tree planting service project on the remote northeastern coast of New Zealand. When we arrived we were promptly asked to leave by the ranger who was stationed there because he was upset about broken promises and poor communication from my company. So we basically drove from place to place waiting for someone in the organization to make a new plan. When that didn't happen we took the kids to the movie set from "The Lord of the Rings" movies shown above. It is located on a sheep farm outside Matamata, New Zealand. 

6 comments:

  1. I JUST saw this home on t.v (the world's most unique homes). This is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you realize that hobbits don't in fact exist, so these homes are therefore not real. In addition, these homes are facades created for the movie "lord of the rings", and do not contain living quarters for humans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brian....where do you get off being so smug? If I had a dollar for every stupid comment you made, I would be a very rich woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that is your only viable plan for making money I'm going to need a prenup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way....I want in when you make your first million! By the way, shouldn't this blog be used to spread the word about your amazing photos and your talented writing? Not how easily you can come up with witty come-backs? I am unaware of any paying jobs for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete