Friday, October 7, 2011

DEPRESSING HAIKUS THAT EFFECTED CHANGE

I came across the following haikus as I near the end of my midlife organizational crisis. They were all written in the winter of my discontent, the entire year of 2007. That painful year found me trying to return to my mind-numbingly futile job after returning from Semester at Sea. That trip, while incredible, made returning to any semblance of a "normal" life rather difficult. Thank God for that!

will 08' find me
struggling with entitlement
or nearing my God

Refuge For the Soul
Requires Compromises
Contrary to Art

Financial Turmoil
Fearful Nation Clutches Things
Medicated Daze

Ebay auction win
An infinite universe
The perfect hair gel

1 comment:

  1. Ah. Glad to see you're still writing haiku. Are you getting ready to breathe in the ship air and expect to see us around every corner?

    ReplyDelete