Monday, June 27, 2011

PORTRAIT BY AMMAR KHAMMASH

This is a portrait of me painted by Ammar Khammash. About a year ago Ammar asked me how much I would charge for some pictures I took of his architecture projects here in Jordan. I thought about it and said I'd rather have a painting. I've always thought it was kind of cool to have your portrait painted like back in the day. Tonight I sat for him, and after about an hour he handed me the canvas above. I like it, but I'm a bit to close to it to have a proper opinion. He definitely captured my current feelings about Amman in my facial expressions. Do you like it?

2 comments:

  1. I like it... and yes, it looks like you've been there a million too many years... it portrays you well, and that is what it supposed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good and memorable addition to your collection. I just don't think it looks like you.

    ReplyDelete