Tuesday, February 8, 2011

BACK FROM CAMBODIA & LAOS: FANTASTIC!




I don't think I've ever needed a vacation more than our recent trip to Cambodia and Laos. Being in a culture with cheap beer and endless photography opportunities was just what I needed. We spent 4 days in Cambodia and then 2 weeks in Laos. It was great! Whenever I travel in this area of the world, I'm reminded how little we need to survive happily in this world. Several times in Laos we rented a scooter and took it out into the country. The people there, who mostly live in thatched huts and eat fish, never stop smiling the whole time you're with them. Some of the kids in one village were playing a game they invented that involved throwing their sandals on a dirt court. The kid in the bottom photo was on heading off to fish with his home-made spear gun when I stopped him and took his picture. People with less sure seem happier. Well, I'm off to watch another episode of Lost on my flat screen.

2 comments:

  1. welcome home.... i wanna go... you getting ready for cuba? how bout august?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to take a trip back to the Jersey Shores to see real happiness. Good stuff

    ReplyDelete