Friday, December 17, 2010

JORDAN STILL NOT "GETTING" GREEN


I've noted before that Jordan tries to be good. They do try. The city of Amman just launched a big campaign to try to curtail the incessant littering that is ingrained in the culture here. Problem is, the city seems to be confused about the difference between not throwing trash on the ground and the actual act of recycling. After a recent night out I discovered the items pictured above on my dashboard (placed by the valet). The white flyer urges people not to liter and says if you do there will soon be a fine, though no fine is noted. The paper bag is a trash bag for your car. Because it is lined with plastic it is in fact not recyclable. And finally, the city has thrown in an icon to hang on your rear-view mirror that announces to the world "I recycle", but in reality says "I put my trash in the bag". Keep trying Jordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment