Saturday, November 20, 2010

MEET ALI SULIMAN

I've got to start learning more about the people I photograph before I photograph them. I took this picture of Ali Suliman in the smokers lounge of the Sheraton Hotel in Amman. I was told by Nox magazine that he was an actor, but little did I know he played architect Omar Sadiki in Ridley Scott's Body of Lies. He was also one of the leads in the terrific movie Paradise Now, which was nominated for an Oscar. I don't think I would have taken a different photo, but I might have had more to chat with him about as I set up my lights. To his highest credit, he never once name dropped or rushed me through the shoot.

2 comments:

  1. Love the shot!
    and I really liked Paradise Now... What was your beef?
    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No beef. Ali was extremely nice and I really respect his work (he's also in "The Kingdom"). I wished I had known about his background so we could have chatted more during the shoot is all.

    ReplyDelete