Wednesday, April 14, 2010

THE ABSURDITY OF WAR

Yesterday I shot a fancy new building for a company called the Shamara Holding Company. Under most circumstances this would not be a blog-worthy event, but then I found out what this company does: They are rebuilding the power plants in Iraq. The building I shot was opulent; leather couches and flat screen TVs in the lobby, color changing lights on the buildings exterior, and an entire top floor devoted to the CEO, with hand-carved wooden panels from floor to ceiling. Then I thought about who was paying for all this luxury: the American taxpayer. Then I thought about why we were paying for this: Because we blew up all of Iraq's power plants during the war. We spend billions of dollars to decimate a country, then spend billions of dollars rebuilding the country. The absurdity of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment