Thursday, February 25, 2010

BEHOLD: A FEATURE WITH MY PICS AND WORDS

I have finally published my first feature, that I pitched, shot, and wrote. The good folks over at Nox magazine made this possible. To view the full article click here. I was actually shooting at the dump for an entirely different reason when I came across this story. The originally story for another magazine was about how great this landfill is because it is lined with plastic. Well, obviously the real story is the hundreds of guys who crawl through this shit to make a living. Even before being published, the article has been an agent for change. The city of Amman, fearing looking bad to investors like the World Bank, has hired one of the organizations I highlighted in the article to try to find safer employment for the recyclers at the landfill. Pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. you pics look really good!! what is your next feature going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular magazine may be going to an all Arabic format, so this is probably my last feature for them unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete