Friday, January 22, 2010

KIDS ARE FUN AGAIN




I'm coming up on my one year anniversary of leaving the education field (a field I spent 9 years in). As the title suggests, I don't harbor many regrets in my departure. When I meet kids here in Jordan, I find myself actually enjoying my interactions with them. Their lives may be riddled with problems and baggage, but for short time I get to know them on a shoot, I see the best in them. There's the old joke about teachers not having kids because they already have a classroom full. Well, now that I'm a photographer maybe I'll have one or two and see how badly I can screw them up. Unfortunately I can't afford kids on a photographers salary. I think English teachers call this a "catch 21".

3 comments:

  1. Maybe with a little luck your wife will make a lot of money. Better start looking harder.....you are getting old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kids are cheap labor.. $$ not necessary. Just move back and go on welfare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I understand your comment Patrick and Anonymous had better not be my mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete