Friday, September 13, 2013

SEARCHING FOR THE RIGHT DOG




Julie and I have been looking for a puppy for a few weeks now. I originally really wanted a pug, but a few other breeds have entered the mix, like, in order of appearance: the Goldendoodle,  the Labradoodle, and the French Bulldog. Labradoodles are a mix of Labrador Retreivers and Poodles, while Goldendoodles are a mix of Golden Retrievers and Poodles. They are both bred to make designer, non-shedding crossbreeds. I'm on the fence about the French Bulldog because they hate our freedom so. I want our puppy to bath in the slightly less oxygen rich American freedom that fills our Colorado Springs skies and not sit and silently condemn my choices. I originally wanted a pug because they make me laugh, but then I started thinking, "what if that wears off and I really want a dog that will go running with me", and our pug is like, "hey look at me, I'm still hilarious", but he actually comes off as pathetic, and then starts using catch phrases and broad physical comedy to entertain me.  

2 comments:

  1. You want the dog to go running with you? Must be a dangerous place to jog for an eagle scout to need protection. Get a goldendoodle. From what I've seen they can run faster than you and are less emasculaing than pugs.

    ReplyDelete