Tuesday, May 28, 2013

ANOTHER WEIRDER MAGAZINE COVER

I took this photo the other day for the prestigious "Voice" magazine of Guangdong Country Garden School. What does this ragtag band have to do with the school? I have no idea. All I knew was that I would take the picture of these four students in the school auditorium. When I arrived I found the instruments backstage and decided they would help make the photo more interesting. There was a sheet-like banner hanging behind them that I illuminated with a blue gelled flash to add some color. It was commando photography at its best, just like the Jordan days. I wonder what it would be like to have a concept laid out in advance by an art director? Probably boring. PostScript: The students were playing the song "Automobile" by NWA.   

No comments:

Post a Comment