Sunday, May 2, 2010

STEADY INCOME


I just accepted a retainer position with the Near East Media corporation to shoot three of their magazines each month. Above is my first cover for their car magazine Torque. The day of the shoot was unique in that it was rainy and gray, which provided a nice compliment to the car's color. I used three strobes to light the Porsche so I could set the exposure for the dark skies behind the car.

In the bottom photo I experimented with my Elinchrom wireless trigger set, which does in fact work in tandem with Canon's infrared triggers. I had my ST-E2 on top of my camera and the radio trigger plugged into the camera's PC socket. This allowed me to stay in ETTL mode, but also to fire a flash inside the car that the infrared signal couldn't reach. Surprisingly, when I was back home in Portland and suggested the idea, nobody at the pro store had ever tried it. Well, it works. As you can see as well, that gray day ended with a beautiful sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment